Can I get ....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
.... 10 years inside for bludgeoning to death the next person I hear say "Can I get" when asking for something in a shop/cafe/restaurant/pub?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
.... 10 years inside for bludgeoning to death the next person I hear say "Can I get" when asking for something in a shop/cafe/restaurant/pub?

I have to admit that I've become guilty of this these days. When I first moved over here, I said I'd stay true to my British way of speaking, but I've picked up a lot of the American terms already. I even find myself saying, 'tuh-may-dohs' and 'buh-nan-uhs', occasionally. Shame on me! :oops:

A carry out is what I take for my lunch.
It just means I have made my own sarnies for work. :)

I HATE the saying, "Have a nice day." It is so insincere! What they really want to say is, "Doing this job makes my life suck but my boss says I have to be pleasant to tossers like you."

My bank tellers often (always?) ask "Is there anything else I can do for you today?"

Some are very attractive but ...

My preferred retort, just to see if the original questioner is actually listening is, as follows.

Questioner asks, How are you doing today???

Response, I am doing everyone just stand in line??

It is actually interesting, because, about 40% of those that I say this to fail to grasp it??

Pleasantries, in a lot of instances have become meaningless, something that passes the time prior to the main event?

Ken

Sponsored Links
Back