Can I have my dilapiated extension condemned, if so how?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I occupy a building which is being renovated systematically, I have come to the extension which is really dilapidated, I have given party wall notice to the tenants occupying next door and their landlord; a housing association but I am being given the run around, due to previous history between us, whereby I allowed them to enter my property to check dampness going throught their kitchen party wall, which they tried to blame on me by loosening my washing machine, claiming that the water egressed through the walls, I refused them entry thereafter but problem resolved thereafter as person involved left the housing association was but I feel that the senior survey who took over who I subsequently refused entry to is letting what happened colour his judgement.

Plans and pictures of the building has been e-maill and sent to them but no response.

Question is how do I get the building demolished without their permission, as baby on way and unable to afford surveyours feed for the award stage

Need the extension as a room baby can play in and they are doing their damndest best to frustrate the situation.

Do I have to pay a fee for a building inspector to condemn the building for health and safety reasons?

How do I go about getting the building inspector to inspect the site?

Would the notice to condemn overide the party wall application? :( :(

Sponsored Links
If it was in a dangerous condition , ie: you took a sledge hammer to the wall and the roof started falling in then a call to the building inspector or council saying "it's gonna fall down , come and have a look" would probably get the ball rolling.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back