Can I repair a laminate worktop ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The laminate worktop in my kitchen appears to not have been sealed properly and where two pieces have been joined together (i.e. to go around a corner) the laminate surface is starting to lift - it appears water is starting to get in.

I would like to do something about it before it gets worse but i'm not sure what I can do - any ideas ?

Someone has said to me that I can buy strips to stick on the worktop surface to prevent further water getting in and to hide the lifted areas but what are these strips called and where can I get them ? also are they easy to put on ? I can find edging strips but nothing to go on the actual worktop surface.

Any ideas / info gratefully received.

many thanks
Rachel

Sponsored Links
forget it its shot and needs replacing any thing you try will only be at least temporary as the dammage is done
the wooden core has swolen and wont go back as its compressed under several tons of pressure when being made

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back