Can I use emulsion on metal?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

There is a removable metal box on my wall which covers some pipework, at the moment it is just in bare metal.

The walls are painted in Dulux Almond White and the box has to match the colour of the walls.

Could I use emulsion on the metal box if I were to prepare the surface correctly with a primer?

I know Dulux do Satinwood for wood and metal in this colour but I don't really want to buy a tin of this because:
a) it may not match the walls
b)it seems a waste just to paint a small box approx 7" x 2"

Claire

Sponsored Links
If you were to use metal primer first then you could use emulsion over the top of it but if knocked it may scrape off. I'd use satinwood personally as i dont think the colour would be that far off, you would only notice the difference in the finish in that satinwood has a slight sheen.

Or if you went to a Dulux Trade centre you could get Almond White in a flat oil finish so it would look the same as the emulsion but it would be expensive for what you want!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back