can someone identify this

Sponsored Links
Thats the timing belt cover mate - beneath that is the inlet and exhaust timing wheels, which are turned by a toothed timing belt.
Maybe something is rubbing off the cover? Pop it off and have a look see inside.
John :)

Thats the timing belt cover mate - beneath that is the inlet and exhaust timing wheels, which are turned by a toothed timing belt.
Maybe something is rubbing off the cover? Pop it off and have a look see inside.

thanx for letting me know ,what do i look for example ;how do i know if its broken

Sponsored Links
That black plastic shroud is in three pieces, and it covers a toothed nylon belt that spins the two camshafts, water pump and a tensioner.
The top part comes off easily enough (couple of screws) and when thats lifted clear you'll see the gubbins inside.
Look inside the cover and you may see where the belt has been rubbing, and there will be some dust too.
This belt must be changed at specified intervals - about 80k miles on yours I think - but if it snaps then its cheerio to the motor, I'm afraid.
One of the more expensive service items to be found on many engines, these days.

Back