Can this flooring be sanded?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've had to lift 3 entire room's worth of floating floor for my renovation- I just wanted to check the attached type of flooring could be sanded? It appears to be 'engineered' boards made from 3 layers. Each layer seems to be real wood, though the top layer is obviously coated. Is it ok to re-sand this type of flooring?

Additionally, I lost most of the tip edge tongues in removal (due to being glued) but all long edge still remain - reading a couple of other threads suggested this shouldn't be a problem?

Cheers.
View media item 91936
View media item 91937

Sponsored Links
As long as you've got at least 2mm left of the wear layer, you should be ok to sand back. Though do check if there's been any obvious impact damage in a particular area that might necessitate deeper sanding - once you expose the core below, the board is finished!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back