Can you buy pet friendly external PIR's?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
our external sensor light goes off quite a lot for false alarms, next doors cat, wind blowing stuff in the garden etc. Can you buy a better quality, stand alone PIR sensor to connect to external lights, to reduce the chance of false alarms?

Doesn't have to be 'pet friendly' as per the title, but something less prone to false alarms?

Sponsored Links
A Redwall and a relay could do it but they'll set you back over £200!! GJD devices are pretty good...

Try tipping the PIR up a bit and reducing the sensitivity (if possible). You could also reduce the time and/or replace the lamp with an LED one to save energy.

Thanks Gim74, and do you use it to control lights or set off an alarm? Is that PIR something I could use to switch lights on?

Sponsored Links
I use it connected to my Texecom panel, but I am pretty positive you can use it to control lights if the lights have an input contact.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back