Can you imagine you were having a nice crap and then this

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
and someone I know wants me to fix this, and I am no plumber!

IMG_0715_zpslpjuqgxk.jpg

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
How about posting a full picture including cistern....I don't believe that pan fell through the floor..:)

But seriously 'tis a fake. The soil pipe would semi support the pan and
make it tip forward.

cistern....I don't
(I have more pictures and can post here, right now I am heading there to conduct temp repairs until they can get a proper plumber ! I am on an Emergency mission now 48hrs later, they haven't had a crap in two days!):p

But seriously 'tis a fake. The soil pipe would semi support the pan and
make it tip forward.

the whole pan and flush tank dropped down, soil pipe most likely twisted, wrenched ect, tank could not have been screwed properly.

Obviously a wind up......

WTF would ask,MFL to fix ANYthing?

Yes shocking isn't it! and it is no wind up!

So you will all have to be patient, I am heading there now, undo the floor linoleum, see what is the state of the rest of the floor and then see what options the owner has, but today I might just place an 25mm thick piece of ply and check none of the pipes need attention, this is no wind up!

Last edited:
OMG it looks like someone is lying behind the pan on the floor - there's a face in the top RH corner:eek:

floor linoleum, see what is the state of the rest of the floor a

State of the floor is: Manky - even took a photo with pubes:eek:

Have some posts been deleted. Where is the reference to 4 NHS bods earning £200K total ? And your sideswipe at RGIs overcharging?

State of the floor is: Manky - even took a photo with pubes:eek:

Have some posts been deleted. Where is the reference to 4 NHS bods earning £200K total ? And your sideswipe at RGIs overcharging?

Manky is still a clean word, it was horrible, in absolute state, I spent the first hour cleaning and used almost a full bottle of Domestos, and thats no joke, and went through about 10 pairs of gloves.

First thing after that I went downstairs to switch water off, the stop cock is frozen stiff, WD40 wouldn't budge it, if I used too much force it could break the brass knob. So I told the owner that in an emergency they would not have been able to shut the water off and the whole house would have been flooded. So at some stage that will need changing by turning water off from the street.

Next i closed the ball valve off, diconnected it from the tank, removed the pan out, with lumps of ****e still in the bottom! yuk!

Cleaned debri that had fallen inside, and the chunk that was beneath the pan had sliced off and resting on a water feed pipe to the very tank, and the weight of the pan sat on the pipe good job it did not break or this house would have become a swimming pool.

Cleaned everything else, with thick bleach, as a temporary fix for now, so that they can at least use the bog.

placed a 25mm plywood piece that I took with me, and refitted the pan back into the waste pipe, reconnected water, pan now usable,

Checked for any leaks, none on pipes, or unions, or waste water couplings, but a massive leak from the doughnut washer, so opened the tank away from the pan, and cleaned and replaced with a new doughnut, luckily I carried one in my tool box, if I didn't i would use liberal amount of silicone as a temporary seal.

So I have promised to return in about 3 to 4 days time and will need to replace the entire floor, which was made of chipboard!
no wonder it did not resist water damage. All that time water from flushing had been leaking from the pan to tank seal, and soaking into the chipboard floor. So yes, a poxy dirty job, I said well you know Doctor, some jobs are filthy. plumbers have to deal with ****e, and same as Doctors also have to deal with ****e ! and he said yes we have to down gloves and insert our fingers up the patient's back side! So I laughed and said oh great so we have something in common!

So I left it at that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back