Can you please check I've included everything on these plans

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I've draw up some plans for 2 semis in our garden, can you please have a check and make sure they are ready to be put into the council to get outline planning.

these are not meant as building drawing we will get someone to do this for us at the next stage, fingers crossed.

I've left off the address for now :0)

http://www.acknowledgedsolutions.co.uk/finished_sideplans.pdf

Really appreciate any advice, I am as you will see no architect but don't want to pay £600 just to find out we wont get permission anyway.

Sponsored Links
I really suggest you check your LPA's validation requirements as your application would not be registered with that drawing as it's missing a lot of information. To give you an idea, you need the following...

- Scale bars
- North point
- Location plan (1:1250) showing at least two road names
- Block Plan (1:500) showing the road
- Height of proposed dwellings
- Section through buildings

The list can go on. If you've seek pre-application advice, they should be able to advise what information would be required, but they may just ask you to refer to their validation checklists.

One of the things they may take issue with is the lack of private garden space; in my area, new properties need to have at least 50sqm of private garden space to meet local policy.

Your black upvc guttering, in most cases, is a downpipe? I'd call it "rainwater goods"

How come the room dims are in ft and the building dims are in mm?

I can't work out how the windows on the upper floorplan relate to the windows on the elevations: Both the front and back of the house on the elevations feature two windows, but on the floor plan, while I can see the small window for the bathroom and one for the bedroom, it looks like the big bedroom has one window, but the elevation shows 2.. LPA might be quite confused, if they notice, as to what you'll actually build

Google maps extracts probably wouldn't be acceptable for a location plan

Is the red box on the google map accurate? Your site plans says parking is in front and seems to be 2.2 m wide according to my pdf measuring tool.. but looking at the sizes of the cars in the google map, there's no way they'd fit on the "drive"

Sponsored Links
Are you tiling the gable end wall to match the roof? As you have tiling on the side elevation but no hipped roof on the front elevation or plan.

You don't necessarily need an architect, but you do need someone experienced in drawing plans to council requirements. And you will have to pay Ordnance Survey or their agents for copyright to include their maps.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back