Candy GO1482 drum won't spin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I've checked the belt and that seems fine.
I've replaced the brushes.
Checked the filter.
The drum still won't rotate at all.
When the back is open and I switch a program on the belt turns but the drum doesn't rotate. I can move the drum by hand, so it isn't stuck.

Please help someone. I can't afford to call out an engineer. The machine is only about 18 months old!

Sponsored Links
Just to add. The drum will rotate slowly with no load but if I put in even two items of clothing it won't move at all!

There will be an electric box/relay that controls the voltage going to the motor, the lower the voltage the slower the motor will spin & vice versa, without knowing which model you have i cant tell you where it is or what it looks like its my guess that this needs replacing, if you remove the belt then switch your machine on see how fast the motor spins on its own & change the programme to spin etc to see if it changes speed if it doesnt then it probably is the box/relay that is at fault.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back