Cannon Chesterfield double oven, upper going out.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Top oven/grill, grill fine. Oven, lights, stays lit for about 3 min then switches itself off.

Have not tried anything yet so pointer would be great help.

Sponsored Links
I assume the oven has been working normally and light functioning correctly prior to this?
If the light is starting to go out whilst on for a short period of time, it could be that you have contact problems with the lamp or contacts/terminals of the fitting, which when powered up is generating heat which is making the contacts expand enough to lose that contact. Have they ever come back on if left over a period of time?

I'm assuming you mean the gas is going out?
For your own safety you really need a trained service engineer to have a look at it.

I assume the oven has been working normally and light functioning correctly prior to this?
If the light is starting to
-------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry, my fault. Oven ignites, stays burning for about 3 min then gas goes off. Not the light bulb.

Yes, could get gas fitter out but I'm guessing its a sensor, probably the temp one as the flame one seems ok as gas lights at all. Fee's charged by fitters better spent buying a new cooker in reality.

ATSGLO.

Sponsored Links
If the light is starting to
-------------------------------------------------------------

Fee's charged by fitters better spent buying a new cooker in reality.

ATSGLO.
You will still need a gas safe engineer to instal the new one. No escaping fees I'm afraid

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back