Cannon Cooker problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have a Cannon Camberley cooker(10308G) with flame problems in the main oven. She fires up but the flame stays low, so i guess this could be the thermocoupling?

I have tried searching the internet for a new thermocoupling for this model but cannot find anywhere that sells them, can anyone recommend a UK supplier.

Sponsored Links
If flame lights in oven but stays low on burner then part likely to be faulty is Flame Failure Device(ffd) I dont know this oven but it will only have a thermocouple device if you manually have to hold stat knob in for 15 secs after lighting-hope this helps.

Thanks for the info.

As it's a double oven would it be possible to swap the burner units around? as we hardly ever use the top oven.

Different ffd on top oven to bottom oven.Check that sensor of ffd is situated in flame of burner-ie burner jet not blocked or sensor moved out of place.You need to be corgi registered to change ffd as it involves breaking a gas connection.

Sponsored Links
If the burner lights at all, it is unlikely to be the ffd.
More likely to be a faulty thermostat.
Unless you are CORGI registered, it is difficult for you to buy a new one.

If it lights, stays low, then goes out after 30 seconds or so then it is the ffd. If it lights, and stays lit but on low, it is most likely a faulty thermostat.

It is worth checking the ffd sensor position though, and also the thermostat sensor position.

Srodders
(an ex-Cannon employee)

I have seen the info re cannon cooker oven flame problems.I have a cannon chester having the same problem of lighting but flame then staying low and oven not getting hot enough.

Have read the replies to original query and hopefully info will be useful. Any other ideas as to probs would be appreciated.

Many Thanks.

Cannot believe answers given to simple problem. no wonder snodders is ex cannon.

If burner lights and stays low it is FFD related either faulty or probe not sitting in flame proper;y or burner partly blocked where flame should beplaying on probe so its not getting hot enough

Cannot believe answers given to simple problem. no wonder snodders is ex cannon.

If burner lights and stays low it is FFD related either faulty or probe not sitting in flame proper;y or burner partly blocked where flame should beplaying on probe so its not getting hot enough

Thankyou for the reply. Will have another check of the burners, Shame its not the thermostat cos there cheaper to replace !!
Now all I have to find out is whether my cooker has an ffd or an fsd?
Cannon dont seem to know!!!! Why, when they made it in the first place is a puzzle to me?

Thank you all above,

My newish Cannon double oven was not going full-on as described above (after cleaning - bit of a clue there) and it was the ffd not being seated/orientated properly, quick prod to the right place and bingo.

Thanks again

griffMG";p="1400341 said:
Thank you all above,

My newish Cannon double oven was not going full-on as described above (after cleaning - bit of a clue there) and it was the ffd not being seated/orientated properly, quick prod to the right place and bingo.

Thanks again[/quote

Hi, Ive just read your comment re your Cannon cooker. I have similar problem, sorry for sounding such an ignoramos but where is the ffd and where should it be sitting? Ive tried having a look at the back of the oven but not sure what Im looking for or at.

Any help much appreciated.

Hi

If you look inside the oven (when it's not on!) at the back you should see the burner.

On the left (on mine) as you look at it there is the igniter, and over to the right there is a bit about the size of a pen from Argos, this should be located over the right hand side of the flame.

No so close that you don't get a flame, or so far away that it can't detect the flame when it's on.

Good luck - don't adjust it while it's hot!

Sorry to hijack this thread, however we also have a Cannon (60cm traditional gas) cooker which is only about 2 years old. The grill (in the top oven) lights, but as soon as the knob is released, the flame goes out. Is this likely to be the thermocouple?? Does a gas fitter have to replace this, and how much should I expect to pay? Am I going to have to replace this part every couple of years?! Thanks.

Hi, I've got the Cannon Camberley Double oven too. I've had mine 4 just over 10 years & now the top oven is not gettin up 2 full temp & is now takin nearly 2hrs 2 do a 50min pasta bake in it. We use the top oven a lot & hav now resorted 2 heatin up the bottom oven, which seems 2 be workin fine. I must admit the oven isn't cleaned regularly as place kitchen foil in oven 2 catch any mess & then replace & I've not had it serviced 4 a few years. I rang Cannon who would arrange 4 a engineer 2 come out 4 over £100, but don't want 2 pay 4 engineer if they goin 2 tell me its at the end of its life. If its an issue of cleanin (altho doesn't look 2 greasy as ovens go), where do i need 2 clean, ie gas inlet area @ back & how & wot wiv (so I don't flood it wiv liquids & can't get it 2 light, etc). Or is it a thermostat problem, the flame goes up high after lightin so that aspect is fine?

Thankin any1 4 their advice in advance.
x

Hi,

My Cannon Chesterfield Traditional 60 gas oven is lighting and getting hot no problem but the ignition clicker continues clicking constantly even when the oven is fully hot. Do you know what part would need to be replaced to fix this?

CF

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back