Cannon Gas Oven will not get hotter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our Cannon Gas oven developed a problem yesterday. When we turn the switch up, there is no change in the height of the flames. The oven will ignite ok, but remains on what appears to be a low gas mark whatever we turn the switch up to. I have removed the jet and made sure it was not blocked at all, but this made no difference. I turned on (and up) the gas with the jet off, and I could hear no difference in the sound of the gas coming through. Does anybody have any ideas of what I could try next please. Any help much appreciated. Thanks

Sponsored Links
ours does that, but after a few minutes the flames do get taller / hotter

if yours doesnt after a few minutes call a corgi qualified repair man for your appliance, it is ileagal for you to work on gas

or call hotpoint, when i worked there they owned cannon, and had corgi repair engineers

As Breezer says, you must get a corgi registered engineer to repair this.

Unplug your appliance before working on it.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the advice. I have arranged for an engineer to call round this week. Thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back