Cannot open the filter cover on Bosch Excel 1600

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having all sorts of "fun" with this machine right now - doesn't want to finish wash cycles - stops with 1 minute on the display and soapy water still inside, but thankfully will still drain.

I want to get to the filter pump mechanism to see if it's blocked and can't turn the cover by more than 45 degrees so cannot open it - clearly it's getting jammed on something inside.

Is it possible to get to this some other way - removing covers etc? If so what's the way to tackle it?>

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
tap it slighty, tip mc back then twist off and on a few times to release the coins .otherwise filter needs undoing 2 crews found at the front then disconnect the pump and shake it .

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll give your suggestions a go.

All sorted. Ended up taking the pump and filter right out and then removing a Lego spear and a couple of short sticks!!

Sponsored Links
tap it slighty, tip mc back then twist off and on a few times to release the coins .otherwise filter needs undoing 2 crews found at the front then disconnect the pump and shake it .
I cannot undo the filter cap.
The screws are tiny and need a special diamond-shape screwdriver to undo.
Any ideas as to where I can get this special screwdriver-I do not want to call out a mechanic !!
All suggestions gratefully received-thanks!

Its a Torx bit and can be found in sets on market stalls, car boot sales, tool shops, B & Q etc etc etc. cost anywhere from a quid for a set to £20 for a single driver.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back