Canopy roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have built a canopy roof across the width of our house and have felted it.

I am coming a bit stuck where the tiling is concerned as I have never done any roofing before.

As I have far too much other stuff to be getting on with, I wondered if any roofers out there would give me a very rough idea how much it would cost in labour to batten and tile the roof (rosemary tiles).
Roof is 9m wide by just under a meter deep so around 9 sq m.

I realise there are some variables involved like location etc but just wanted a rough idea.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Assuming you go with say regular concrete interlocking tiles, you may stretch three courses but more likely four including gutter overhang.

Tiles, battens comb filles, cloak, sand/cement, 300mm wide code 4 lead x 9m, fixings etc, including a days labour - no less than £750 quid.

I presume you are supplying scaffold or trestles etc?

Guttering?

Have you fitted the fascia board?

Add another couple of hundred quid if you go for plain clay tiles.

Is the abutment wall a straight slab of a wall or are there any jut outs or pillars etc?

Is the existing abutment wall plain brick or is it rendered or tile hung etc?

Hi, thanks very much for the reply noseall.

They are plain clay 'rosemary' tiles which I will supply and I will also supply the battens.

All I need doing is the battens and tiles laying, I will do the fascia, flashing etc.

ps
Just had another 'bash' at it over the last hour and got some battens spaced out and now I've got a start it might not be as bad as I thought... ;)
It hasn't got to be completely watertight either as it is more decorative than anything else.

Thanks again for the reply though :D

Sponsored Links
Plain tiles:

Tile batten spacing - 100mm.

Use tile 'n' half at verges.

Use eaves tile (bottom) and short course (top).

50mm cloak overhang at verges, though can be more and can be less.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back