can't understand repair information

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've just read an account of how a movement crack was repaired. A few things puzzled me.

He cut a V into the crack - I take it that this is with the wide side outwards?

After cleaning, he applied a sealer to ten inches either side of the crack - what type of sealer?

He then applied fibreglass repair tape and filled it with 'Gyproc easyfill' - where was the tape put? Into the full depth of the crack covering both sides and the rear?

The whole thing was interesting. He sealed the final repair with Zinsser Bin to prevent the water in paste or paint affecting the easyfill. Seems a good idea.

Sponsored Links
Load of rubbish. Hack back the plaster around the crack and fix wire mesh in the place of it. Then hardwall or bonding then skim.

joe-90,

Interesting reply. How do I fix the wire mesh to the blocks after clearing off the old plaster?
And would wire mesh be stronger than this fibreglass repair tape?

I have a substantial crack to fix which is why I'm looking into the methods available.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back