Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Boilermate ii where the hot water pump is 24/7. The Capillary thermostat was replaced twice by previous owner of the house. It appears that the capillary thermostat is stuck closed ie doesn't cut off the circuit so that the pump continue to work.
When disconnected at one pin the circuit is cut and the pump stops. All the tests have been tried including replacement of 2 pcb boards timer delay controller and pump controller.
I have tested the capillary thermostat in hot water jar with ohm meter to see if it cuts off, all good.

My question is : Is it possible that somehow in the cylinder housing where the capillary thermostat is inserted the heat of hot water can not be detected? I would appreciate if anyone could shed more light on this.

Many thanks,

Sponsored Links
What temperature do you have your boiler set to ? thermal stores normally run at 75-80c so if you have your boiler stat set to 70 the thermal store stat will never be satisfied.

Last edited:
The capillary thermostat is set to the lowest possible temperature,
Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back