Car Alarm Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I have a 1989 Nissan 300zx Fairlady and I have a problem with the alarm system.

The car is delocked and the only way to get into the car is by keeping hold of the alarm button whioch then brings the window down. The alarm is a toad and it was wired like this when I got the car. It was on the passenger window so i decided today to take it from the passenger window and place it onto the drivers window so when i unarm the car the drivers side window goes down.

The problem I am having is that when i try to connect the output of the alarm to the wirie that goes to the motor it doesnt work but if I cut the wire from the electric window switch and then wire my output from the alarm to the motor wire it goes down fine but this then means that the window wont work with the car switch as I have cut the wire but if i join the whole lot up then it doest work with the alarm.

Now I am unable to run either of the windows with the alarm as I am unable to wire it back up properly.

Basically currentlythere is 6 wires. One is live to run the windows when ignition is on, then i get two wires for each window and a ground. The alarm has two wires, one of which produces a live output whilst the other has nothing coming out of it.

Can someone help me on this, really need to get the windows working with the alarm again.

If I truy to add the live to one of the windows outputs it doesnt work. Its one or the other to be connected to the motor.

Although originally it did work fine on the passenger window, now it doesnt.

Shab

Sponsored Links
Do you know what model toad it is? Ive got a .pdf manual for the ai606 if it's any good to you

hello neo think it is that model

that would be so appreciated mate

email address removed, please see forum rule 7

Sponsored Links
have to stick your email address in your profile or something.......... no PM or anything allowed on here for some reason.............. rule 7 obviously! :LOL:

Back