Car insurance

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been with Bell, part of the Admiral group, for 13 years. No claims during that time. Renewal notice received - £307 + tax.

Did a comparison and the first 63 quotes are cheaper. LV has better cover, and less excess for £197. Phoned Bell explained I would stay with them if they could match this quote and the response was that that could only be offered to new customers - the best they would do was £264 + tax.

Apparently 13 years no claims loyalty counts for nothing.

Am now with LV! This just encourages people to swap every year. Don't make sense to me. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Am now with LV! This just encourages people to swap every year. Don't make sense to me. :rolleyes:
toptec, where have you been living for the last 10 years? :D Most people don't bother changing their car insurance year in year out because they think they'll get rewarded for their loyalty (Q toptec). Market research and history etc has taught insurance companies that they'll make more money this way (by potentially letting customers like yourself go in the process) than by rewarding customers every year with a cheaper premium and trying to hang on to them as you have unwittingly found out.

funny, since going with direct line i've not managed to beat their renewal quotes by shopping around.. i couldnt even beat my renewal by reapplying to direct line as a new customer..

this year, the car (boring diesel saloon) insurance was £500. the motorbike (a 1200) was £75. figure that one!

My quotes:
Skoda Fabia vRS (04) £384 with AA, Churchill £172
Citroen Berlingo van, (56) £375 with AA, Churchill £147
Honda Blackbird (03) Motorcycle Direct £233, Churchill £119
Nuff said!!

Sponsored Links
Nice toy, burnerman.. Always fancied a blackbird, just dunno if I'd fit on one ;)

Nice toy, burnerman.. Always fancied a blackbird, just dunno if I'd fit on one ;)

A really great bike (this is my 3rd Blackie)........it actually makes me look like a good rider - its so forgiving. At least, if 168 BHP is forgiving :D
Bye bye license :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back