Carbon Monoxide Alarms - Again!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry if this has been topic has already been round the houses on this forum. But I'm struggling with the ambiguity on the placement. I've got a Baxi 80 combi HE in the airing cupboard and the bathroom is right next door to it.

Yet if I followed the instructions is says mount it around 15ft away from either these sources. If I did it would be in one of the bedrooms and not on the landing on where I think it should be located.

Also in regards to vertical position, where is best? Ceiling or floor level?

If anyone has fitted a few of these, I could do with an expert opinion instead of the woolly guidance in the instruction book. For Information its a Kidde alarm.

Thanks in advance,

Roy

Sponsored Links
your CO alarm will have installation instructions, as a rule of thumb these are usually above any opening window and in the same compartment as the fuel burning appliance, the appliance you mention is room sealed and shouldnt require a CO alarm but no harm in installing one

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back