Carbon Monoxide

Who are you to say that a device that has passed the relevant tests and been EU marked is going to be faulty. The reason that the cheap ones are cheaper than the dearer ones is probaby because the dearer ones look smarter and are marketed by different companies to Aldi. And the cheap ones look horrible, but it doesn't stop them being effective.

You may have come across ad efective one, or more likely, your "false positive" was an accurate alarm, trigerred by something that may not have been your boiler. Was the alarm still beeping when you arrived?

Sponsored Links
You can get all kinds of alarms some are battery operated, which you can move round the house and others plug in. There is a site, Safelincs, which sell a huge range of them.

Buying an alarm that is faulty is not that probable, and if it were you can get it exchanged. It is the same with any item, it does not put me off buying a toast just because the last one I had was duff.

Nice bit of self promoting spam there "seashore", but it isn't actually allowed

Who are you to say that a device that has passed the relevant tests and been EU marked is going to be faulty.

Ever heard of counterfeit goods? As well as that there are plenty of goods with CE marks that are just CE marked. They have never had any form of approval. It's relatively easy to print labels.

And yes the alarm was going when I was there with my analyser running.
What I was trying to point out, but you missed it, it seems, that having adequate ventilation, though treated as blasphemy nowadays, is an inherently safer option than relying on alarms.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back