Carpet Kicker Stretcher

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would like to purchase a carpet kicker/carpet stretcher/knee kicker.

Can anyone tell me the best make/best-value-for-money and where I might purchase such a thing?

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Yeah I have too. It's just £70 seems a lot for occasional use, and my hire place charges £12 a day.

Maybe I'm a cheapskate.

Sponsored Links
In the street where I take my human form, the numbers are sequential, so not necessarily, no. :evil:

;)

Can't remember the make of mine, but must admit, although design has never changed mines about 15 years old anyhow, and they likely don't make the exact one now. The only thing I'd say, is alway buy an extending one, never the 'fixed' smaller (cheaper) ones, and alway examine the knee pad, cause some of the new ones are pretty tough, and aint that comfy to use (+ you dont get as much stretch when it's a tough pad)
Ignore the silly (in my opinion) hand operated thing that was around a few years ago, they're too slow, and only realy for fitters that can't kick a normal one !
My stretcher is battered and the knee pad has a great big cut through it, but believe me, it's far comfier than the new one I bought for £85
If you want my advice, buy one off ebay, just make sure :-

a) There are no (or few) missing spikes
b) The extending mech is working
c) no other damage
d) Older is likely better providing above Q's check out

Good Luck
(any more advice, just ask !

I have just ordered one from ebay - brand new and the supplier has great feedback. Costs £28 plus p+p (total comes to about £36.60).

Just go onto ebay and search "knee Kicker"

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back