Cartidge for 1970s kitchen mixer tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The hot cart started dripping on the fitting and, after scouring the web and visiting my original kitchen fitter (who was very unhelpful !) I came across LUNNS. I rang their enquiry line and was amazed at the service I got from them. An expert told me what to order and then went on to describe how to fit, he could not have been more helpful. The tap is sorted, I'll be back !!

Sponsored Links
and, after scouring the web and visiting my original kitchen fitter (who was very unhelpful !) !!
So would I be if a custard from a job in the 70`s turned up - after a tap innards :eek: ;)

Sponsored Links
The tap is brown and matches the sink unit, have you tried to buy a brown tap !

yottie";p="3122511 said:
The hot cart started dripping on the fitting and, after scouring the web and visiting my original kitchen fitter (who was very unhelpful !)

I probably wouldn't be either, and neither maybe would you when I gave you a price for me to spend time tracking down innards for a 40 year old tap. Would you have been happy to pay for the time if unsuccessful? Too many people see jobs like that as worthy only of "a drink"

Anyway, I am glad you were able to sort it, but don't be so hard on the plumber - if he is still going after all this time he is doing something right

Ok. so it was some time ago but, seeing as he'd just fitted a replacement dish-washer for us, I would have expected some "after-sales-service", I wasn't asking him to fit the cart, just to tell me where to get a replacement, he wasn't interested, nor will I be when asked to recommend or use his services in the future !

Ok. so it was some time ago but, seeing as he'd just fitted a replacement dish-washer for us, I would have expected some "after-sales-service", I wasn't asking him to fit the cart, just to tell me where to get a replacement, he wasn't interested, nor will I be when asked to recommend or use his services in the future !

So you told him you weren't interested in actually employing him to do anything, you just wanted some free advice, and you wondered why he told you where to go? How terribly rude of him :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

So there you go - you didn't want to use his chargeable services, just have him scout around for a supplier! (which you were obviously capable of doing yourself. After sales service? 40 years on, you were lucky to find a replacement, my quality Pegler / Plumb Center badged taps had to be replaced after only eight years. I suppose I could have found the bits somewhere, but time is valuable. If you mean ASS with regard to having fitted your dishwasher, he presumably charged for his time spent doing so, rather than being held responsible to a customer for ever.

I really do think you are being harsh, and i repeat, you have used him twice over 40 years, which says something for him. I am guessing that the next time you need him, in 2054, he may not be interested then.
;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back