Cast iron fireplace

Sponsored Links
You can bet if the builder offered you £200 for it then it will be worth at least double. Get in touch with a reputable auction house and see what they think its worth. May cost a couple of quid but nowhere near as much as you would lose out on selling it to a builder.

PS Do not try to restore it in the meantime. You could wipe a whole lot of value off if you do it wrong.

You can bet if the builder offered you £200 for it then it will be worth at least double. Get in touch with a reputable auction house.

and get them to give you a quote on that figurine of a man holding a green book that you have on the mantle, could be worth a fortune :D

Sponsored Links
I have a full head of hair ill have you know! :p

Thanks guys will try look into it more and find out what it's really worth

You could always try Dickinsons Real Deal (on the telly) the dealer will put a wad of notes on the table, whilst David Dickinson hovers within earshot. When the dealer has put £300 on't table, he'll pop his ronsealed features on't screeen humming and hawing, and say "Well, it's a good offer, but I reckon you might go fer't gamble in the auction." He'll then turn to the camera, wink like crazy, and whisper " I reckon it'll go fer a fortune
;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

You could always try Dickinsons Real Deal (on the telly) the dealer will put a wad of notes on the table, whilst David Dickinson hovers within earshot. When the dealer has put £300 on't table, he'll pop his ronsealed features on't screeen humming and hawing, and say "Well, it's a good offer, but I reckon you might go fer't gamble in the auction." He'll then turn to the camera, wink like crazy, and whisper " I reckon it'll go fer a fortune
;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

And then hand out leaflets for a pawn brokers.

2 a penny these days- those fireplaces. I have thrown them in the skip lots of times.
Maybe the builder had a punter in mind ? Essex girl or someone similar.

It's original cast iron antique they are not two a penny. Unless a modern reproduction of course, in process of phoning auction houses will post what they say

£200 was a fair offer. The really nice ones go for about £350 but that would be a REALLY nice one in pristine cleaned up condition. Plus they're a pain in the arris to transport around. I'll bet you get less than £200 at auction.

Sponsored Links
Back