Cathedral roof issue (w/Image)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My first post... I'm looking for some advice. I own a home with a room extension that has a cathedral ceiling. I think i have a condensation issue.

On hot summer days the peak inside the cathedral ceiling drips a little and the paint up there is starting to look wavy (the blue dots in the image)

Also recently the the ceiling where i assume an I beam runs developed a couple of leaks along it.

The area labeled 'pocket' apears to be unventilated pocket covering the old roof and seperate from the original attic.

On hot days it also smells of 'attic' in the extension so i assume there is some air leakage at the peak inside the extension.

Do you think i could remedy this issue by adding a roof turbine on the pocket then making an opening to the original attic? I would also need to block that air leak from inside somehow...

Thx!

4637045299_66251fe628_o.jpg

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back