Cavity wall and loft insulation...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Not sure if I'm posting in the right place, buy anyway..

I had a surveyor come round my house yesterday from "Marks Group" and they were offering me insulation for my walls for 119 and roof for a further 119, using a material called "knauf supafill", stating that my gas company would cover the rest of the bill..

Can anyone tell me whether or not this is worth having done, and also whether it's a good price?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Cavity wall and loft insulation is heavily subsidised nowadays either by the Government or the energy companies and the prices seem very reasonable considering that you will probably make the cash back through better heat efficiency certainly within 4-5 years. Knauf Supafil though is a loose fill material which is blown into the cavity walls so I would make sure they do not use it in the loft as you are better with rolls of insulation in my opinion.
On a similar vein, a loft conversion job I carried out last year on a gabled semi had previously had the cavity insulation blown in at a subsidised price but when we broke into the brickwork in parts of the loft to set the steels in there was no insulation. They had only gone as far as the roofline level although they had actually drilled the external holes and re-pointed them to give the appearance it had been done. One strongly worded phone call from the householder had them back to fill the gable.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back