CCTV accident monitoring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In the past long vehicles have hit and damaged buildings at a junction of a lane and the High Street, Some of these incidents were witnessed but some were not witnessed and thus no way to claim for the costs of repairing the damage.

Due to a six month road closure of the only road that HGVs can use HGVs and other large vehicles will have to be diverted. Many will not follow the signed diversion and instead use this lane as a short cut and significantly increase the risk of damage to buildings.

The requirement is to have a clear image of the impacts and the vehicle number plate or other identification to enable a claim to be made.

As per the sketch there are three locations for cameras.

My question is the optimum method to record the images. I am considering using three separate recorders as wired links across the roads would be difficult to install and there is a lot of wireless activity in the area thus clear images could not be ensured.

Infra red links would be possible if there are video on infra red equipment available.

Sponsored Links
My question is the optimum method to record the images. I am considering using three separate recorders as wired links across the roads would be difficult to install and there is a lot of wireless activity in the area thus clear images could not be ensured.

IP cameras, on-board recording to SD card. You can watch in low-resolution real-time and download high-res video non-real-time.

I think most wireless IP cameras use 'ordinary' wifi at 2.4GHz; you can use 5GHz if you get a site licence. Not sure if 6GHz cameras are widely available or if you'd need to use wired ethernet into a transceiver.

Mobotix M12 IP cameras are pretty good. In addition to the normal stuff, they have 2 separate cameras for colour/day and b&w/night, built-in PIR, microphone and speaker. They can be set to record "events" on an internal SD card as well as sending everything to an NVR/server. The PC/NVR/server software is a bit pants, though!

We've used the Verint Nextiva S1800 family of wireless IP transceivers to link these together.

This might be all a bit expensive for you, though, and parking a sacrificial car/motorcycle/skip on the corner may have the desired effect!!! ;)

Alternatively, knowing you, you could buy the "Development Kit" and build your own box. This would halve the price of the cameras...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back