CCTV/DVR Advise Please

Hi mate no I haven't.
My plan is to get a better understanding if what I news from a dvr and cameras then get a quote from a local company for:
-supply and fit
-fit my kit: if it works out much cheaper to get my own cameras and dvr from eBay or wherever then I would go with this. If only a £100 here and there supply and fit.
finding a dvr that supports windows mobile is not so easy though!

Sponsored Links
hey, thanks for the update.
Fortunately i have access to friend who could help me to install the kit so for me it’s a matter of getting the right kit from the right source!
I guess if i go for the dvr430/440 (under £200) and what would be my options for the compatible/recommended cams?

Fortunately i have access to friend who could help me to install the kit so for me it’s a matter of getting the right kit from the right source!
I guess if i go for the dvr430/440 (under £200) and what would be my options for the compatible/recommended cams?

The 2014 Samsung UK spec model is the SRD-443/500........

Last edited by a moderator:

The 2014 Samsung UK spec model is the SRD-443/500........ring MAP on 01291421111 and tell them Matt from Response said you would do dvr for 175 delivered.....:)
Cheers
Matt
Thanks, do they not supply compatible cams?

Sponsored Links
No, Samsung is professional gear......they do a budget kit for maplins BUT this is not the pro samsung.....

That said and done you can use any brand/ type of cameras.....I always use varifocal domes OR bullets 600TVL....

Here goes the confusion...I fitted a customer purchased system over christmas that had "600TVL" bullet cams..customer bragged he only paid 300 for complete system - it was ok BUT no clarity/ resolution.

When I showed customer a Samsung 600TVL same spec cam, he immediately asked me to remove cams and leave cabling...I got called back a week later and he purchased Samsung :)

Buy cheap you buy twice - is especially true for cameras!

You will see all these silly new names like nitedevil, atlantis/ alien/ cyborg offering posh marketing - its all chinese rebranded junk where specification means nothing!

Hope that helps...I'm out fitting for rest of week!

Hi mate no I haven't.
My plan is to get a better understanding if what I news from a dvr and cameras then get a quote from a local company for:
-supply and fit
-fit my kit: if it works out much cheaper to get my own cameras and dvr from eBay or wherever then I would go with this. If only a £100 here and there supply and fit.

Hikvision dvr supports windows mobile have a look on dynamic-cctv,960h machine will let you know next week after fitting .

Hi mate no I haven't.
-supply and fit

Hikvision dvr supports windows mobile have a look on dynamic-cctv,960h machine will let you know next week after fitting .

Thank you Sparkymarka I look forward to your feedback.
Had a look and it seems eminently up to the job (on paper).

One thing occured to me though - most DVRs support Android it seems.
IF I happen to find a good deal on (say) a Samsung could I not just use the web interface on my (Windows) Mobile phone to get the same result?

For my wife (Android) an app would be preferable as one of the intended uses is for one of the camera to be pointed to the main door as a video doorbell

Another question please.
If my DVR is (say) up in the loft and I want to connect it to a TV in the master bedroom what will be the simplest way to achieve this?
I doubt they make 5-10m HDMI cables.
There is a Cat5 network cable drop into the same room but I would not really want a massive hole in the ceiling trying to get a really long VGA cable through either?

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back