CCTV ir infra red stopped working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a SCP-SB218L-3CM 700TVL CCTV and the night vision infra red has stopped working. It works perfect in the dark so thinking it was the LED IR Infrared Illuminator Board I replaced it like for like but it's still dead.

I checked the cable and that's fine on a different camera so it all points to the mobo inside.

Is there a fix for it ? I'm OK with the old soldering iron on small surface mount chips or , should I just bin it ?

Sponsored Links
I googled your camera and couldn't find it (but I didn't look very hard).

IR LEDs do fail. You could always fit an external IR illuminator. You may actually get better results than you had with the built-in one! Simple to fit and you can probably run it off the same psu as the camera.

I googled your camera and couldn't find it (but I didn't look very hard).

IR LEDs do fail. You could always fit an external IR illuminator. You may actually get better results than you had with the built-in one! Simple to fit and you can probably run it off the same psu as the camera.
ah right , I will have to look around for that

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back