CCTV, poor night vision

Sponsored Links
Thats why the cams revert to B/W at night :D

I was thinking more on the cost... A BW cctv cam can be picked up at a good price keeping the quality.

Been a while since I upgraded my cams but i will always look at dedicated BW first. I'm going to upgrade when I move. I'm thinking of contacting yourself.

Got some nice trail cam equipment, you played around with any?

Sponsored Links
Got some nice trail cam equipment, you played around with any?

Bikes?
Not really, but have done a covert mobile DVR for a bloke spying on his wife when he was out at work...................

#Without going too far again.
What are the results now Mr Box?
Care to post some day/night pictures?

Your DVR is dire and covered in dust, imagine what the fan is drawing in as it cools the system.............same to you L2009..........what do you expect its longevity to be?
And the HD lying on its side, connected?

I haven't had time to put the camera up yet. Will have to wait untill next week. I want to test it first but have done a bit with it down. I pointed it at the sky last night and it is still noisy. My cheap dome does that, thats why I paid more for this.

The dust is just surface dust. My fans are all clear and only have one in that.

Is it going to look at the sky all the time, we use telescopes for that.

ok that ones gone what about this 290694652903 pecan again.

Well that is cheaper than the one I bought the other day. It has pan and till in a dome, which is handy but it looks a bit plasticy from that photo.

Not sure how big that is as, I need something that don't stand out like a sore thumb. Another plus it has a menu system, unlike the 80 quid dome I bought.

Only other thing is, don't look like I can run the wire from the back but would have to run it up the wall.

Anyway, see how I go with the one I have first. :)

Is it going to look at the sky all the time, we use telescopes for that.

Lol No but I wanted to test how noisy it is, looking in almost total darkness. Thats the best way to test it.

If you say so.

Well it's not like I can run a system diagnostics.

Here is a photo from out the back. Ok there is a light away from me but not brill.

Edit photo removed due to alarm going on about something not releted to this thread. I won't be posting anymore, unless to show poor quality.

Could alarm please start his own thread going on about things not related to my thread. Thank you.

I will be back if the new 80 quid camera is crap. I think it maybe.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back