CCTV PSU Request

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Anyone know of a unit that will fit this need please?

Its for a PSU for my house to feed some cameras and and a DVR - only one needed.

I would like: -

1 - To feed cameras and DVR (circa 10A @12Vdc) from the same PSU

1 - To feed cameras and DVR (circa 10A @12Vdc)
To provide a Regulated 12Vdc supply at 10A for a local DVR and distributed cameras.
There must be sufficient power and the relevant circuitry to supply demand and maintain charge in a 12v 12Ah SLA battery (recharge period from flat can be 48hrs)
The supply will be broken down by me, into 6 circuits: -
1 x DVR @ 7A
5 x Cameras @ 750mA ea (IB = 350mA to 600mAea)

The following part (HLG-320H-15A) will supply a 15A with variable DV Voltage output, buthas not support for charging a battery or changing over when the mains fails.

Any thoughts? I don't seem to be able to find anything more than 5A.

Cheers

John

Sponsored Links
I would advice to have 2 PSUs, one for DVR and another for cameras.

About DVR. It is good idea to use PSU usually supplied with DVR. It is disigned to work under required DVR load. I don't know brand of your DVR but hope it is possible to find matching PSU. Use UPS unit for mains fail protection.

About cameras. You need to look for CCTV power supply. One you refereed isn't. Quality CCTV power supply is equipped with good size transformer and filters to provide stable 12V output quality. Using Switched-mode power supplies for CCTV is not good idea as it may cause image distortion.

Why not use the supplied power supply for DVD and cameras as suggested above but supply them via a computer style uninteruptable power supply so in event of power failure the system is still operational.

Sponsored Links
Hi

Its a lot more money and more waste from converting from DC to Ac then back to CA again :) I did think about it though :)

Cheers

John

Is it worth it for only an hour of backup? That's all you'll get from a 12AHr battery delivering 10 amps!

Two supplies or one and the UPS is the way to go. Elmdene used to do an 8A PSU but I'm not sure if they do a big switcher these days.

Power-plex do some 8 amp power supplies I have used these with a 8 way fuse splitter before,and you can trim the voltage down to 12v from 13.8v, not had any issues, they have been in at least 5 years

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back