CD burning

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help on my old computer using XP i could burn a cd with all my holiday snaps & view it on the computer or my TV.
New computer using Vista wont play on TV just computer.
Help any ideas.
Thanks
JonB

Sponsored Links
When you say view it on your tv, do you mean by using a dvd player?
A cd wont play a dvd file.
[Since the dvd and cd formats are completely different, you need to buy a dvd-rom player. They're not that expensive...
For DVD playback, a different type of laser is needed than to playback a CD]

Clarify what you have & what you did do & are trying to do.

I am using the same DVD player which plays DVD's & CD's.
Thanks for looking
JonB

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Burn-a-CD-or-DVD-in-Windows-Media-Center
Start Windows Media Center. Insert a recordable CD or DVD into your CD or DVD burner.

Click the Burn a CD or DVD notification that appears in Windows Media Center or, on the start screen, scroll to Tasks, and then click burn cd/dvd.

Depending on the type of recordable disc that you insert into the burner, on the Select Disc Format screen, click either Data CD or Data DVD, and then click Next.

Using the keyboard, type a name for your DVD or CD, and then click Next.

On the Select Media screen, click the first type of digital media file that you want to add to the CD or DVD, and then click Next.

Click the TV show, other videos, music, or pictures that you want to add to your disc so that a check mark appears on the selected digital media files, and then click Next.

If you want to add more files to the disc, on the Review & Edit List screen, click Add More.
Repeat steps 5-7 until you have added all the digital media files to the disc that you want to burn.

After you have added all the files that you want to burn, on the Review & Edit List screen, click Burn DVD or Burn CD.

In the Initiating Copy notification, click Yes.

After the disc is burned, in the Completing Disc Creation notification, click Done

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply.
I have made yet another disc & had 202 snaps I originally copied & added a further 20.
Loaded CD onto DVD player on TV it showed 222 snaps but would only show the last 20. Which tells me something is wrong with the first 202.
I'll have to work on it.
Thanks
JonB

Back