ceiling fan inlet cover problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
I have a vertically mounted Vent Axia ACM100T that has the fan spigot 5mm below ceiling level. Load of hassle in fitting it, to vent up and out through a flat roof, so had to be done. I need a vent to place directly onto the end that protrudes slightly into the room. It has no ducting attached as it's intake is already in the room! I need an intake vent/grill I can put directly onto it, so a female to fit onto the male fan intake end. Apparently all covers and grills are male only, so I would need to add a short piece of ducting to join fan and cover. This would make it longer, and being slightly below ceiling anyway, I want to avoid it. Does anyone have any idea how I can adapt a male cover in some other way, or use something else, other than a conventional cover to cover the fan end. Ideally something I can slide around the fan spigot.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Get a 125mm grille.
Fill the resulting 12mm gap with.... silicone?
Or modify the fan's end piece.

I did think of a larger grill, and it is most likely my only option. Just wondering if there was a grill or cover meant for something else that would fit and do the same job (really just cover the thing so it looks neater. Not after performance.)
Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back