Ceiling light - one GU10 bulb not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a ceiling light in my kitchen which is a S-shaped chrome bar with four spotlights on it. Each spotlight houses a GU10 bulb. The lights are adjustable in terms of where they point to. One bulb never lights, the other three work fine.

Any ideas on what the problem could be? I've tried swapping bulbs but it's definitely an issue with the holder.

I'm just wondering if there's something I can try before getting the entire light replaced.

Sponsored Links
Your (only) option is to remove the fitting and use a multi-meter to check if there is a complete circuit in the fitting. It is not unknown for one of the contacts in the fitting to fail to make contact with the lamp, in which case you may be able to tweak it with a small screwdriver.

All sorted now. Did as suggested and also cleaned all the contacts using Deoxit D5 contact cleaner.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back