Ceiling painted, but looks grainy, like sandpaper

Sponsored Links
The plaster had 3 months before the use by date, so that wasn't an issue, but I am beginning to wander if one of the bags was corrupted.

My advice here was given from a Decorators point of view and would involve a great deal of filling and sanding. Being a plasterer a re-skim would perhaps be the better option.

Dec

Sponsored Links
Sorry but as an experienced spread, some of this stuff just isn’t quiet ringing true :confused: . If the plaster had gone “off”, you would have noticed pretty quick as the work/set time is drastically reduced & it can even go off on you as you mix up. An open bag will be shot after just a few days depending on the weather but I will usually skip it unless I can use it the next day; for the sake of a few quid, it just aint worth it. If you managed to get it up there & trowel off to as good finish a you say you always achieve then it aint the plaster that’s caused the problem.

If, on the other hand, the plaster was as rough as a badgers asre then no amount of paint is going to cover it up.

As I haven't been able to resolve the problem, It basically comes down to either their was something wrong with the paint or the plaster. The plaster did go off pretty quickly, it took about 25 mins to put on , then had to be troweled up straight away, but this is a warm house, and no surface is ever the same , so I thought nothing of it at the time and as I said the paint dried on it in minutes, anyway I will just pva it now and re skim it and post my results in about a week, when I have finished.

If someone isn't willing to see their failings and correct them - they'll never be good at anything. The fault lies in the lack of skill/experience.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back