celotex or quinn- therm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi just wondering what peoples thought are when using either of these for a partial fill cavity wall on a new build, are they just the same or is one superior
many thanks in advance to all you super builders

Sponsored Links
Or King Span, I think they are all similar properties, but as I said a few weeks ago, B&Q seem to be selling King Span at a reasonable price.

Thanks for the reply pred. have been reading horror stories about problems with condensation, but i suppose as long as its installed properly there should be no problems ehh ?

This type of board is more difficult to fit for diy and less experienced builders - more to go wrong if not careful

Sponsored Links
Check with building control as you might require a larger cavity. Kingspan recommend a minimum of 25mm cavity, but some building control depts ask for at least 50mm. It could mean a thicker wall.

Hi we are using good brickys any points we should look out for woody

The internal leaf will need to be built first to allow the sheets to be fitted to it.

Lots of extra ties and ties properly spaced to catch the corners and centres of the boards

The boards dead flat against the blockwork

Clean cavities with no mortar at all on the ties

we are in a flood risk zone so the insulation has to be celotex or similar free draining act

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back