cement a duck pond

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have another job on the go at home and would like some advice,
we have dug a pond and I need to cement the walls. I have seen I need to have around a 3inch wall with wire mesh inside but I want to make sure I have the right mix.

Can someone give some advice on this also how do you make sure no air gaps etc.. wetter mix?

Thanks
Cliff

Sponsored Links
Why don't you just put a liner in it?

Also what ducks are you getting?

I have ordered 2 mini silver apple yard ducks, hopefully will be born next week.

Andy

Andy,
We have tried the liner and it was torn, then we had a fiberglass one and although ok small. So we have decided to go all out and cement it. they will even have a shower installed ( re circulating pump)
the ducks we have are a mix of Indian runners, aylesbury's (not for eating) and a few mixed ones.

Good luck with your ones

Cliff

I used to keep Call ducks. Found that a concrete pond was easier to sweep out when cleaning.

Sponsored Links
Yes thats the main reason easy clean, I have just seen the paint I will use I do not need to render block work. So have decided last night,
cement floor and ramp area then block sides and paint.

But still confused over the mix of cement.

Cliff

Thanks Andy

3 cement and 1 sand it is then.

Yes I know the other way around. Ha Ha

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back