cementing between garden pavers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi need help my pavers have been down now a few years but they didn't get cemented between each one what is the cheapest and easiest way to do this myself

Sponsored Links
Pavers are small concrete brick-like blocks. Any chance of a picture showing what you have and the gap size.

Hi need help my pavers have been down now a few years but they didn't get cemented between each one what is the cheapest and easiest way to do this myself

Easiest way is a brush in polymeric resin jointing compound. But they vary widely in their effectiveness so I would read some reviews. Not cheap either. Are your pavers cemented down or just sitting loose on a bed of sand? If they aren't cemented down then you'd be better filling the joints with some kiln dried sand as any hard joints will crack due to movement if it gets a lot of foot traffic.

Having said that I have pavers which aren't cemented down and I made a dry mix of 4 x kiln dried sand to 1 x cement. I then brushed it into the joints/gaps and sprayed it with a mist of water with a bit of mortar plasticiser added until saturated, it dried rock hard in about a week. 2 years later its still holding up fine, but its on a bit of patio we never use. I've also used that Sika brush-in jointing compound that you can buy in B&Q which is rubbish. My DIY mix was far better and 10 x cheaper. Just make sure its kiln dried sand not builders sand.

Forgot to add, if you go for the kiln dried sand + cement dry mix, then you will get a cement bloom (discolouration) on the pavers. This jet washes off, but might be best to avoid if your pavers are expensive ones or patterened.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back