cemploy or latex?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I know this type of question has already been asked but with way too many technical terms for a dumb broad like me.
I am remodelling my kitchen and have taken out a large chimney breast, the concrete floor is uneven and cracked and is unlevel, I believe the floor is laid to earth. My builders are opting for the water-based Cemploy floor leveler, however someone has suggested I would be better off using a latex self leveler compound. Despite being good at what they do, my builders have a habit of choosing the least work for the most money so I would really appreciate some impartial advice (without technical terms please :confused: )asap. Can you tell me how long each of these will take to be walk-able on and whether any special preparation (apart from sweeping) is needed on the floor first.
Thanks a million for helping a damsel in distress

Sponsored Links
cathij0269
both are ok ... but the main thing I think you need to do is get 3 quotes from other builders or floor tilers , to give you advice an price ranges ...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back