Central Heating comes on when Hot Water only selected

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

My girlfriend has a potterton central heating / hot water system in her newish build - 1997 house. When selecting Hot Water, the central heating also comes on, making living there at the moment almost unbearable! I have also noticed that the wall termostat dosen't make any difference - ie dosent stop the radiators from coming on.

The setup is; Potterton suprima 40 Boiler
Potterton EP2002 Timer
Potterton PRT 100 Thermostat

Next to the Cylinder there is a box (Potterton MSV 322) and this has three pipes going from it. A, B, and A + B. The box has an overide switch on and when i slide it across to manual the Central Heating light on the box comes on, however in Auto mode the CH still comes on yet there is no light shown on the box or on the digital timer downstairs.

Any Ideas? I am sweating like mad as I type this!!!

Thanks all

Sponsored Links
Your msv 322 valve body will be passing and need replacing....should get away with the body only.

the 3 port valve is letting by not shutting fully to close the heating port

Thanks All,

How easy is it to replace? I have done some basic plubming before - putting in a new bathroom etc. Do I buy the whole thing or can I buy just the body?

Sponsored Links
Change the existing valve for a HONEYWELL V4073A Mid -Position.
Best on the market will last forever.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back