Central Heating goes cold downstairs when hot water put on..

Thanks everyone for your help on this...im sorry for not getting back earlier but I work shifts and have only just gotten in. :D

I am well pleased with all the responses and I will certainly give all those suggestions a go.

Thanks again everyone...ill let you know how I get on...in the meantime please feel free to add any more ideas that may come to mind.

Cheers!

Mike

Sponsored Links
Hi Chaps

Thanks for your on going help here.

A quick question....can you tell me if... with a new Wilo pump....does the pump ususally come with replacement rubber washers as standard or will I need to purchase these sperately...?

And one other question...regarding the Zone valve...is there any way of testing this and/or know if this is faullty...?

Ill be here till 1.30 PM however I will then be in work till 10.00 PM so wont be able to get back to you till then

Cheers

Mike

We will need to know the model number of this valve to enable to advise you correctly. This can usually be found on the inside of the silver cover.

The last time I purchased a Wilo, there was a pair of washers enclosed, (which was sometime ago as I am a "Grunfoss addict).

Cheers

]

Sponsored Links
Ooops...must put my glasses on!...I see you were referring to the Zone Valve there and not the pump :)....ill get back to you.

Mike

Cable diameter. A priority valve as I remember has only LNE and not 5 wires.

Beg to differ, the Honeywell V4043H has 5 wires as used in the "W" plan.[/quote]
The 4043h has indeed got 5 wires but it is a 2 PORT and w plan needs 3 ports :confused:

Beg to differ, the Honeywell v4043h has 5 wires as used in the "w" plan.[/quote]
The 4043h has indeed got 5 wires but it is a 2 PORT and w plan needs 3 ports :confused:[/quote]

You are correct, I was thinking of the salus mv322 diverter valve but of course this has not got a silver head. Thanks for informing me

spraggo

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back