Central heating install

Don't worry I don't offend easily :)

I'm not sure if it covers your area of Berkshire, but there is a directory called the Green Book (think it's also online), to get in the directory the company would need to be recommended by customers; might be worth checking if any of the companies quoting are in that.

Getting 6 companies to quote is a lot - what prices have you been given

I used a website with customer reviews and posted the job. I am moving to Kettering so 100 miles north of Berkshire.

Quotes range from £2400 to £7000

Hi, the house is in Kettering, in Northampton :)

I have not moved in yet, 2 weeks to completion :)

£7 is well high, Were abouts in Berkshire are you based then ?

Hi, the house is in Kettering, in Northampton

Read more: //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=278480&start=15#ixzz1PB9CxgmY

Sponsored Links
Obviously we haven't seen what is required, but at £6k it would need to be a difficult install with a quality boiler such as a Vaillant

Obviously we haven't seen what is required, but at £6k it would need to be a difficult install with a quality boiler such as a Vaillant

Thanks, the house is 3 bed semi, all with suspended wood floors, the house will be totally empty. The boiler will go in the same position as an existing hot water only boiler.

Vaillant 831 Boiler

Living Room
2637W
7997BTU

Kitchen
2052W
7001BTU

Bathroom
509W
1736BTU

Bedroom 1
1054W
3596BTU

Bedroom 2
900W
3081BTU

Bedroom 3
651W
2221BTU

Hall upstairs
346W
1180BTU

Hall Downstars
250W
849BTU

Total
28,000 BTU

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back