Central Heating Is This Consumption Ok ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I moved into this property at the beginning of the summer, it has a five year old Baxi Due-tec 28 combi boiler, with which I hope to stay warm and pay as little as possible, I have not as yet been operating the CH system.

I am still spending my evenings in my south facing conservatory in which I have one central heating radiator which is a double panel type and measures 700mm x 695mm.

After dark one evening I turned off all the other radiators in the system read the gas meter and then turned the room stat in the main building up to max, closed the door from the house into the conservatory and operated the CH continuously for 3.5 hrs.

At the beginning of this test the air temp. in the conservatory was 62f and at the end 75f and I had used 0.88 cubic meter of gas which I believe works out at 9.73 kwh.

Do you think the boiler is performing as well as it could.

Sponsored Links
A conservatory is an uninsulated shed. It should not have radiators in it unless you want to warm the sky.

Have you considered burning a pile of £5 notes?

you dont mention the outside temperature and any possible solar gain during the experiment

A conservatory is an uninsulated shed. It should not have radiators in it unless you want to warm the sky.

Have you considered burning a pile of £5 notes?
Oh seems like I am being a little misguided, how do you check that the boiler is running at its most efficient, does it require instruments,and what does one check and adjust, or do you have to call in a engineer.

Sponsored Links
You get it serviced, and during the service it will be adjusted to perform at its most efficient

You can also increase efficiency by turning the boiler thermostat down, and by running more than one radiator. Oh, and by turning off your conservatory radiator altogether so you're not warming up the world

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back