central heating not working

Sponsored Links
I am going to take the actuator off tomorrow night to check if its working. If it does work then i will have to replace the whole valve.

I have been very busy working this week and am working sat. Hopefully i will be finished in time to get an actuator and to fit it on sunday.

I have been told that because i have no room thermostat this maybe placing undue strain on the pump and also may be an explantion for the premature failure of the 3way valves. What do yout think

it all depends on your setup tbh mate. if you have a bypass etc then the pump will be fine. Wont really have an effect on the valve

The system was a very basic one before it was updated. For example i couldnt have the hot water on without having the CH on. this is why i put thermostatic valves on the rads (i didnt know about the summer valve)

The new boiler was fitted by a corgi gas registered plumber so i am assuming he did it right and and i have a bypass

So i have just been unlucky with the valves

Thanks again, you are a star and have been a great help

I owe you one, remind me when you decide to set up that fish tank- come over to us before you set it up!!!!

Will keep you updated on the valve!!!!!

Sponsored Links
I took the actuator off, it was dead easy, just press a button and detach. When i set CH on, the actuator didnt move so you were right all along, i need a new actuator. Now all i got to do is buy one and fit it!!!!!!

The bit on the valve body that the actuator turns moves freely. I was amazed to see that it only turns a few degrees, I assumed it would move through 180 degrees

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back