Central Heating Problem. Not circulating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a problem with my central heating and wonder if anyone here can help.

I recently had a problem with the downstairs radiators where the top was getting warm and the bottom was cold. This turned out to be several years of sludge buildup which I removed sucessfully. However after I have refilled the system it looks like I am having poor circulation problems. The radiator nearest the boiler gets warm but the others remain cold.

I have checked the pump and that seems to be running fine. The system is an S plan with 2 motorised valves. The hot water is working fine, if I push the switch from auto to manual the lever returns to the auto position.

On the CH the motor seems to be fine and moves from manual to Auto when the CH is not requested but when I switch on the CH the level seems loose and freely moves from manual to auto. Is this normal? Or is the motorised valve faulty.

The valve is a honeywell and I can move the head and turn the paddle with my fingers. So I presume that that is OK. Moving the motor and switching on the CH I can see the motor turning.

Any help will be gratefully received

Regards

David

Sponsored Links
On the CH the motor seems to be fine and moves from manual to Auto when the CH is not requested but when I switch on the CH the level seems loose and freely moves from manual to auto. Is this normal? Or is the motorised valve faulty.

thats normal.
did you flush the whole syatem or only the blockage ?
did you use a chemical in the system at all ?

Hi,

Thank you

Yes I did flush the system and before that I used a sludge remover to and left in the system for 1 week.

May try flushing again to see if this helps.

Regards

David

Do you have an air seperator? (Small 'can' with 4 pipes attached, between the boiler and pump?) This might be blocked!

Sponsored Links
Does boiler fire/pump run when CH only is selected? If yes, will rule out valve issue, could still be blocked somewhere. Running a magnet along the pipes will indicate magnetite sludge if the magnet attracts at any point.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back