Central heating problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought a new house which we are renovating at the moment. The boiler and central heating / hot water was all working fine. Lately I noticed the central heating does not come on when it is selected on the control panel.

Thermostat is set correctly and clicks when the central heating is set to the on position. Strangely, when I select the hot water, the boiler fires up just fine and I have hot water. It also turns the heating on but only for a while and then when the hot water turns itself off, the heating stops.

But when I want to set the hot water to stay on constant, it only turns the boiler on for a while then shuts itself off even though the hot water is still set to on.

My boiler is a potterton suprima 40 he. It's a combi.

The concern here is I have no control of the central heating and in this weather, it gets very cold!

Please can anyone help.

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
I know nothing about boilers so I'm just going on by what I was told by a plumber and the British Gas engineer who came to service my boiler but didn't do anything as the house is being renovated and he said it was a health and safety issue!

So it's not a combi??? That doesn't really help my cause but thanks for the reply. :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back