Central heating problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
3 out of 7 of our downstairs radiators do not come on when the heating is on the timer. However if I put the heating on manually all the downstairs radiators come on. I've had a couple of plumbers round who haven't acutally done anything because they don't know what to d. Has anyone else had this problem and how did they solve it??

Sponsored Links
There is no obvious cause of that.

However, I suspect it may be that when you have HW and CH together most of the pump, pressure is used for the HW.

Perhaps when you start manually its on the the CH you are turning on ( or the HW is already satisfied ).

Properly balancing the system would have been a good start for a competent plumber who could not work out what was wrong.

Tony

Without taking wild stabs in the dark,i think we would form a better opinion if we knew what kind of boiler and heting system you have in your house?

Is it conventional boiler,with motorised valves or combination boiler?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back