central heating system query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
i have a query i have a customer who has a new build house she cant get hot water without putting the heating on although she does have an emersion heater on the hw cylinder, on the programmer there isnt a switch for hot water only which is what is confusing me is it the case that she has to use the emersion through the summer months, or is there something on the programmer that im missing ?? i havent seen the system as yet as she emailed me her problem can anyone shed any light on the subject

many thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Some old/cowboy systems required the used to turn off a gate valve or even all the rads individually!

You should have asked if this was a new fault situation or if its always been like that.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Gate valve to operate the heating in a new build? I don't think so_OP needs to describe system controls correctly.

are there any motorised valves at the cylinder. i would guess this to be the problem .if it is a system boiler

if its a combi it could be anything from a diverter valve,flow switch depending on the boiler make

there isnt enough info to help you though sorry mate!

hi all

i thought of all that, the house is brand new and theres no hot water only switch on the programmer?? she says she gets hot water ether by turning on the heating or by using the emersion heater on the cylinder but without looking at it god knows many thanks to you all for your help if you think of anything else as to why there isnt a hot water only switch please let me know i guess ill have to have a look and see whats what

cheers again chaps

plumber1722

We need a list of all the components in the system - makes and models. Without it, we are just guessing.

If this house is indeen "brand new" then why is the owner not calling the builder under their two year warrantee?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back