Central heating turning off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I wondered if you could point me in the right direction with this problem.

I moved into my First house about 2 years ago.

The boiler we have is an Ideal Elan 2 in the kitchen which only has a high/low setting on it

There is a Landis and Gyr Temp setting in the hall way.

A landis and steafa Diverter valve(?) mav-322 upstairs sat next to the cylinder with what i assume is a water temperature setting on it.

We also have a tank in the loft.

The problem i have is:

The radiators haven't been getting hot enough to warm the rooms up to a suitable temperature. So i switched the boiler to the "high" setting.
This seemed to cure the problem.
However.
The boiler only seems to be coming on until the hot water is warmed up to the temperature set on the cylinder. Then it goes off. The only way to turn the heating back on is to increase the temperature of the water. Then it will stay on a bit longer.

Setting the temperature in the hallway doesn't seem to have any effect. If i turn it from 30 round to 10 it seems to "click" around 14-15 degrees, so i am guessing this is the current temperature in there.

I can't keep turning the hot water up for obvious reasons, but would appreciate some guidance on this.

Thanks,

Richard.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like you have two motorised valves and the heating one is motoring open but not enough to make the microswitch to make it work properly. Other than that 3 port valve is well ******ed

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back