Central Heating won't come on but hot water Does

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

We have a Hot water tank and Central heating which runs of the same Electric control unit. There is one button for Heating and one for Hot water

We have a problem where We can hit the Hot Water button and it initiates the Boiler and the Water gets heater.

But Turning the heating on we get no response from the boiler and no actually error light or anything on boiler either it's as if the Control unit is not sending signal to begin the Heating process.

As i'm not an expert on this setup was just looking for things to check 1st. I've done the minmum which is reset the boiler

As far as i'm aware the pump is external to Boiler and upstairs near the tank but not sure if thats playing up i.e then not returning signal to start boiler or thats fine. Just taking guesses here as i actually have no idea where what goes from the Electric Control Unit

Sponsored Links
Hi

Yes there is one each of those visible near in cupboard with tank in it

1 is a Honeywell and other myson

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back